17.3.13

Who Am I? Who Are They?

What skills would I need to work for the sectors and what skills would I need to develop?

For working for the retail sector the skills I would need to develop include scale and proportion, how things would look in a store, so creating prototypes and going to the stores and experiencing the environment in which my designs would function in. Target market research is also an important factor when designing graphic products that consumers would be buying and taking home and using. This influences the design along with the brief, and what the client wants. This should reflect the company ethos and they will also specify the type of clientele they have and suggest how I should target them. Packaging design has a 3 dimensional aspect and so prototypes and making my own mock ups before print is essential. Legibility, and simplicity along with getting the correct information are the components for making successful packaging designs, and this is something I am working on as soon as I get the opportunity and when I can adapt a brief so that I can design for the sector I want to work for. The branding and keeping in with a companies current aesthetic is essential in order to design collateral that work together, and so this is another skill that I will need to practice with and work on. I really enjoy looking at branding projects, and seeing the diversity of products and the innovative techniques that production and finishing can bring out in printed products. A strong concept is another aspect to look out for and this holds a project together. My favourite branding projects have been for coffee brands, cafe's and restaurants and food products or food stores. I want to carry on finding projects and briefs that I can progress these skills on with.

No comments:

Post a Comment