12.3.14

Design Studios: Sheffield

I am aiming to work in Sheffield for a graphic design agency, and also aim to visit some studios and gain placement work and experience in this area, so heres my evaluation of some of the ones I have found that I feel have potential for me.

Some of the studios I have been looking at are:

Attract.

Attract seem to be the kind of agency I aspire to work for. The work isn't too commercial, and feels design led. They work with small businesses and work on an array of branding projects, including film. I would like to gain some experience with art direction and so this would be a good placement or job opportunity.















Foster & Scott.

This agency work in a very commercial way, and have a large portfolio of small briefs. If I worked for them in either a placement or a job, I would probably work to quick deadlines, and the smaller size of the briefs would be great practice. This type of agency wouldn't challenge me creatively and so I wouldn't aim to work for this company ultimately. If it was a first job, I would be grateful however to get my foot in the door.















Tonik.

I really like Tonik and will contact them when I feel my portfolio site is good enough to show people. Although they are hiring at the moment, I don't think I would be taken on, as I would need experience. Obviously I would like to gain placement work from these guys. They work on branding projects that would appeal to me, and they also have a long philosophy for prospective clients to read, and so this is nice to see. I dislike studios that hesitate to have an online perspective or story.














Vivid.

Vivid also work in a commercial way, for medium and large businesses. I really wouldn't mind working like this, however it wouldn't be an aim to work for this type of company. I would like to gain experience in this area though.















Brochure Design.

I think Brochure Design advertise themselves as an 'idea' agency. I don't know quite what this means without seeing the type of work they have produced really, and they don't have any links to their work so it's makes it impossible to know much about them without contacting them, of which I will do.














Dust.

Dust is the one. I have to gain some placement work with these guys because they do a lot of layout and editorial work, along with branding. This is the type of work I have increasingly realised I enjoy doing, and have skills in. Getting a job here would be the ultimate aim, but I need some experience first.
















DEDass.

Hate the name of this agency, however their work is the aesthetic I could definitely work with. They do a lot of image based design of which I have skills in. I might be creatively challenged working here, or working on a placement, although Im not totally sure that I love their work. The work feels quite immature sometimes, but then I really like their editorial work. I would obviously love to visit them or get some work experience.


















Ink & Water.

I really like Ink & Water's work, and they seem to be working on a new website too, which shows that they like to evolve, which is important to me, as it shows that they obviously care about how they convey themselves, and how they grow creatively. Also it suggests that they enjoy their job. They create a lot of films, and this is one of their services, of which I have no experience in but like the idea of doing some art direction. I would love a job or a placement from these guys.

















Moors Creative.

Moors Creative leave me feeling uninspired, but I want to contact them anyway. It might be totally different if I visited them at least, or just had a week or two placement experience. Often a website doesn't always convey the overall feel to the agency, or show off the quality of the work.


No comments:

Post a Comment